Cards For Sale

Saturday, July 4, 2009

WSC Good Time Friend



HAPPY 4th OF JULY PEEPS!!!

Just a really quick post today, my card is made for the Weekend Sketch Challenge, this week hosted by Charmine.

This card is pretty self explanatory, I used Crushed Curry for my base and then used some basic black and some of the Razzleberry Lemonade DS paper for the next layer. I created some crushed curry "daisies" for the circle element on the sketch. I thing these actually look like "black eyed Susan's", which I love, sorta of a minature version of a sunflower. I cut six daisy's with my sizzix flower daisy #2 die using the smallest flower on the die. I layered two together, off setting the petals and glued them together. I dug through my button box and found three little black buttons for the centers. I added a very small strip of crushed curry to the center of each button.

The sentiment for this card comes from the Great Friend stamp set and is stamped directly onto the DS paper with black stazon and yes, I used the stamp a ma jig to line it up!

I added some crushed curry polka dot ribbon to the bottom half, and to me the ribbon does not match the paper very well.??!!! It seems a bit brighter to me.

Anyway a cute simple card with not alot of layers, not my usual, but I do like it!

That is it for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just gorgeous! LOVE the papers, color and those flowers! Thanks for playing!

Nancy Riley said...

Fantastic job with the sketch, Vicki! LOVE your black eyes Susans!

Debbie McPherson said...

I really like the card....very my style. Sure did miss you yesterday! Maybe next time. Have a great day.

Pam Speidel said...

BEAUTIFUL challenge creation Vicki! Just found your blog via Mr Linky and you've got a new follower now. Happy 4th of July!
Smiles, Pam :)

Lois said...

Neat card. I love the simple lines and love the daisis. Great job!!!

Dale Marie said...

Beautiful card Vicki!
Clean and Simple...love it.

Kim Pope said...

Great card. I love the flowers.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Vicki!! Love the crispness of your card!

Wanda said...

Yes, I agree; the ribbon looks more like apricot. Still a gorgeous card. TFS.

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the flowers! Putting the thin strip of paper in the middle of the buttons is a great detail!

Ilse Vargas said...

Beautiful card!

LeAnne said...

Sweet card, simple yet striking!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Such a beautiful yellow (crushed curry) card. Love the flowers. My mil would just love this card.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Sweet, simple and beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Now I'm really thirsty for some Lemonade - LoL!