Cards For Sale

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Flight of the Butterfly




Good Tuesday Morning Peeps.

Today's card is made for the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. I recently received this set as a gift from my fabulous cyber friend Dawn. She is such a sweetie and is always encouraging! I made a comment on one of her cards that she made with this set, saying that I needed to get it, she sent me an e-mail saying she had an extra set and wanted to give it to me!!! Can you believe that??!!??!! How incredible generous, she mailed it to me from Canada!!

Well, since getting it, I have not inked it up. I know....BAD me!!! Why did I wait so long? It is so cute and looks fabulous with melon mambo, if I do say so myself!!! LOL!!!

I took a cue from Julee Tilman. I loved how she did the top and bottom of her card. So I CASED that part of her card. I used a different punch, my scallop punch does not cut clean lines, it tends to make the edges sort raggedy!

I started with a base of melon mambo cut to 5 by 10 inches and folded in half. I then followed with some whisper white and then used some of the Razzleberry Lemonade DS paper for my strips. I used the lace edge punch to cut some small strips of white for the top and bottom. The circle and scallop circle was cut with nesties and the cuttlebug. I stamped the butterfly on scrap and cut out and added it to the center element. gluing only in the middle, so I could pull up the wings. I added some sticky pearls to the center of the butterfly and then some more to the lace strips. I used some of the SU organza ribbon to run across and tie a pretty "knot" bow. I also pierced around the scallop circle with my piercing tool and mat pack. the center element is mounted to the card with dimensionals.

I really just love this butterfly set, it is tooooo cute, Thanks so much Dawn!!!

Well, that is all for4 today, Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Deb said...

Very pretty Vicki, love all the little pearls.

Nancy Riley said...

So pretty! Love the pearl accents and the decorative border!

Dawn just GAVE that set to you? ... what a sweetheart!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors and design, Vicki!!! Lovely card!!!

Kim Pope said...

Very pretty. I like the borders on the top and bottom.

Viipula said...

So beautifull card, lovely!

Jacquel said...

Wow....this is sooo pretty Vicki! I love it...tfs!!!

Lois said...

So pretty. I love it!!!! It's actually FANTABULOUS!!!!

Vicki said...

Another lovely card, just adore the butterfly!

Vicki x

carol h said...

Beautiful card. I love the clean, neat look. And PINK!!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Vicki!! I love the pearls you added to the scallops!
I'm so glad you liked this set so much...it needed a GOOD home ;)

Modern Catholic Mom said...

Hi- I am new to your site and I just wanted to tell you how much I love your cards! I love to stamp but lack in the creativity section. Your cards are just so beautiful! Thank you!- Tara

Anonymous said...

you have some wonderful cards on your blog

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so pretty Vicki. You're such an inspiration!

Rhonda Langley said...

Pretty! Now I think I need this set!!