Cards For Sale

Monday, April 20, 2009

TANGERINE ROSE




Good Monday Morning Peeps! Hope you all had a great weekend! I sure did. Yesterday we had a really fun afternoon at my friend Lois' place. We stamped, we watercolored we had some awesome taco soup. We didn't make any cards or projects, we all just watercolored. I want to thank the girls who where there for their friendship and support. They are so much fun and even tho I was nervous, trying to help them watercolor, I think it went OK and they all had fun! Thanks so much to Lois for always opening her home up to us crazed stampers!!!!

The rose I used on today's card is one I watercolored yesterday! I used tangerine tango ink, the stamp is from the 5th Avenue Floral Stamp set. I love to color that rose.

I used Jen's Sketch For You To Try for my layout!

I started with a base of tangerine tango followed by some whisper white and then chocolate chip. The tangerine DS paper is from the now retired Haiku pack and is matted with more whisper white. The next layer is chocolate chip followed my whisper white. I pierced all around the edge of this layer with my piercing tool and mat pack. The next layer is my "faux ribbon" treatment, made with chocolate and white card stock. I pierced this piece as well.

I cute the oval scallop with my nesties and cuttlebug and the white oval with my coluzzle. I pierced the scallops also. I stamped the sentiment, from the Great Friend set, with timber brown stazon and I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up, and it is still slightly crooked.

I then cut out my already colored tangerine rose and mounted it to the card with dimensionals. The oval is also mounted with dimensionals.

I added tiny sticky pearls to the corner of the DS layer and it is done!

Well, that is all for today, thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

13 comments:

Sharon said...

Very beautiful!

carol h said...

It's even more beautiful mounted on a card. Just gorgeous!!!!! Thanks again for yesterday. You were awesome, and I feel like I learned so much. Thank you ever so much!!!!!

Debbie McPherson said...

It turned out beautiful......I love it...thanks again for the help yesterday even though I'm a slow learner!!! I had a great time but I always do when we get together!!!

Lois said...

Breathe taking. Your coloring is amazing. We all had a blast yesterday, Thank you so much for sharing your talent with yes.

Lois

Beth said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the bold colours, awesome watercolouring and the black striped ribbon really pops!

Jaspere said...

Beautiful. Love the orange and the layout is awesome.

Jacquel said...

This is awesome Vicki! tfs!!!

Veronica Z said...

This card is beautiful! I love the color combo and will definitely have to try it soon!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning!! I love it!!

Thank you so much for the instruction yesterday. I went to Michaels today and picked up some paper. I want to keep practicing, so I can keep getting better. Perhaps some day, mine will look like yours!

a

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, I am in LOVE with this card!!!!

Maureen P said...

I love how the big flower overlaps the ovals!! Great use of the sketch :)

Lisa Reber said...

Vicki, this is just stunning. Not a huge fan of tangerine but it so works here. Beautiful.

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Beautiful card! Love your colors and images. Just fabulous