Cards For Sale

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just a Note



Happy Hump Day Peeps!! We are half way through the week, all down hill from here!!!

Today I have a fun little project to show you. I first saw this scratch pad holder
here, on Connie Stewart's blog. I knew I wanted to try it. It is so easy. made with one sheet of 8-1/2 by 11 inch card stock.

I wanted to use some of my favorite Rockabilly DS paper. I used Riding hood Red for my base and added the DS paper on the edges.

I am working a few more of these, with the initials, "A", "D" and "R".......the recipients of these may be able to figure it out from that.

I used some borrowed stamps on these. The letters are from a SU set, I can't remember the name of right now, Thanks Lois, I will bring them home to you soon!

The "Just a Note" is a Rubber Stampede stamp that I have had for ages! Not sure where I got it from. I used the curly label punch to punch the ends of the white and kiwi strip, a cute idea that I saw somewhere.

The letter is stamped with black stazon onto riding hood red and punched out with my 1-1/4 inch punch and layered onto a 1-3/8 circle of kiwi and then I punched a scallop circle out of some basic black, pierced the scallops and mounted the initial onto the scallop circle. The whole initial piece is mounted with a pop dot. Finally I added a mini library clip.

I cut up a bunch of copy paper to fill the scratch pad holder. I am thinking I might stamp some little something on the corner of the copy paper.

A little "Thank-You/I am Sorry gift for some of my favorite stamping friends!



Well, that is all for today, Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Jacquel said...

This is really cute Vicki! I'm sure the recipients are going to love them...tfs!!!

Lois said...

Cute, cute, cute
Love it, Love it, Love it.

I have something similar to this that I got from PTI not long ago.

Hugs and tfs

Elizabeth said...

Lovely Vicki - I will have to try making one myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

Beth said...

These are great! Nice idea for a little gift and handy to have on hand :)

Dawn Easton said...

Love this Vicki!! What a great gift idea...beautifully decorated!

Anonymous said...

Oh me, Oh my, I saw my initial!! :)

Beautiful project!!! I have been organizing in my craft room, and am now ready to play!! My DEAR boss, GAVE me a paperstand that holds 48 different sections of 12X12 paper. Of course, I had to reorganize and deep clean to make it just right.

Hope to see you all soon!

a

carol h said...

O Boy, O Boy, O Boy, O Boy, I " C " a " C " !!!!!!!!!!! These are sooooo cute. What a wonderful friend you are. !!!!!

Kathleen said...

Just what I need at work. We keep a small basket of recycled paper for note taking. This is so much cuter then the pink plastic basket. :~)