Cards For Sale

Friday, January 30, 2009

Top Note Box




TGIF Peeps!!! Hope you are all having a great Friday!

Today I have a fun little box to show you. It has been a couple of weeks or so since I made any boxes so it is time! LOL! I just love making little boxes. This one is so fun, very quick and easy! Just my type! I saw this original box on a blog somewhere, and now I can't find it to give credit to, if you know who it is, let me know and I will link it up from here.

First you start by taking your DS paper and adhering it with some mono glue or a glue stick or whatever adhesive you like, to some lightweight cardboard, I used the cardboard that comes in the designer paper packs. This really adds sturdiness to the box. I glued mine on with some mono adhesive and ran it through my cuttlebug with the top note die. You will need two of these, I cut my DS paper into 4 inch strips so you could get 3 of these boxes out of one piece of DS paper.

You will also need to pieces of cardstock cut at 4-1/4 inch by 5-1/2 inch. Score one of the pieces on all four sides at 1 inch. One the next just drop the score line down by an 1/8 inch, so it will fit inside the other. Cut on the parallel lines and fold up you sides. I used score tape on the corners and I also used score tape to attach the top note to the box top and bottom.

If you are going to use some ribbon on your top, put that on before taping the top note to the box top.

I used a stamp from the Love You Much stamp set to decorate the front along with some ribbon.

Here is one I did with some Chocolate chip DS paper and red ribbon.



Well that's all for today, thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Stamping!

Vicki

4 comments:

Jacquel said...

This is really nice Vicki! great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful boxes!

Joanne Travis said...

LOVE this Top Note die and your boxes are fabulous!!

Veronica Z said...

I love this box! I have been waiting to get the top note die, but I think I really need to order one now!