Cards For Sale

Monday, December 12, 2011

Noel


Hello Peeps!
This is a mondo combo challenge card. I combined three, yes three challenges with this card, I don't think I have ever been able to do that before. I first used the The Paper Players Color Challenge, then I used a challenge I have not ever played before the CASE Study Challenge, and finally the Beauty of Winter Challenge on the Bring Back Beautiful Blog.

The colors to use are Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler and Gold. I sneaked a bit of always artichoke for the leaves of my poinsettia, the gold is Stampin Up's Brushed Gold card stock and I used it for the fern-y looking foliage around the flower, which is a MS punch.

The CASE card is a beauty by Amy Sheffer. I love her style and I have been a huge fan of hers for a long time! I loved all the layers and embossing on her card and I duplicated what I could with the supplies I have. I used the SU Vintage Wall and Polka
 Dot EF. I made my poinsettia using my Build a Blossom Punch using the Cherry Cobbler card stock and sponged the edges a bit with Early Espresso ink. 
The sentiment is from the SU's Many Merry Messages stamp set. I used the Petal Cone Die to make the sentiment piece.   
I added a few pearls to the center that I colored yellow with a permanent marker and a rhinestone to the edges of the second layer.


The Bring Back Beautiful Challenge is the Beauty of Winter and is open to Holiday or Winter themed creations, I think the poinsettia definitely qualifies as Holiday and Winter. I hope you like this multi-challenge combo card.   

I also made a version of this card using white on white:




Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

22 comments:

Marisa said...

Gorgeous poinsettia, Vicki! Love the added foliage too :) Lovely both ways!

Nancy Berg said...

BEAUTIFUL!! :-)

How do you do your "fern-y looking foliage"?

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning in all of its versions! I LOVE the texture and of course, the poinsettia! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Laura said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I will have to try this flower with the punch myself.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my Vicki! Both are beautiful! Love the foliage you added behind your flower! So pretty!

Laura Harbin said...

What is the ferny looking stuff made from?

sylviane said...

Wonderful! I love it!
Sylvianeusa (sorry I'm french lol!)

Jean Martin said...

What a wonderful Christmas card! Great Case! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

sherrye said...

WOW! what a beautiful card. TFS

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous Vicki...fabulous card..hope you have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Carol Carriveau said...

Elegant!

Cher said...

This is such a gorgeous card. the best I've seen in a long time. I just LOVE it!

Lin said...

Vicky, this is really lovely, so very elegant with the added pearls and that beautiful poinsettia!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Sipmly STUNNING, Vicki!! Thank you for playing CASE Study with us :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! Love how you've made that beautiful poinsettia! Such a striking centerpiee! The different embossing folders pair up beautifully, too! Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study. I'm honored to have inspired, in part, this beauty!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous CASE card....although in your own right, you're a terrific stamper too! I think I should CASE some of YOUR stuff! I love the embossing and the deep rich tones you've used.... Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

There's nothing more beautiful than white on white. This is so elegant Vicki. Think I'll try my hand at this today.

Julie Marshall said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love how you incorporated the gold into the fern-y foliage. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players.

Rita said...

Stunning! I love the texture and that gorgeous poinsettia. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous Vicki! I love all the embossed layers and the gold "fern" leaves behind your poinsettia...beautiful! So glad you shared it with us at The Paper Players! Happy Holidays to you!

Lesley said...

Lovely cards Vicki, the white embossed layers and the punch of colour is so pretty!

Kathy Jones said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! Both looks are stunning and classically elegant!! Gorgeous work!!! Thanks so much for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!!